A hip replacement surgeon in Hyderabad, Dr. Vasudeva Juvvadi explains the functioning of the hip joint and when you should go for hip replacement. Your hip joint is one of the most stable joints in your body, which means it doesn’t get dislocated. It is responsible for maintaining your body balance. It also bears your upper body weight while moving and when you are stable. The hip joint is responsible for the upright posture in humans, which differentiates it from other primates. Naturally, your hip joint ‘ages’ over time and sometimes it ages earlier due to the over functioning of the joint. As a result, it causes hip pain, movement difficulties, or even staying still, etc.
Medical technology has so far developed and reached a level of utmost sophistication to treat even the most degenerative hip joints – Hip Replacement Surgery is one such advancement. If you are suffering from hip pain, it’s better to consult the best hip replacement surgeon in Hyderabad. Dr. Vasudeva Juvvadi has successfully treated hundred’s of patients. He has successfully performed hundreds of hip replacement and revision hip replacement surgeries.
Hip Replacement Surgery in Hyderabad
Total HIP replacement surgery: In Hyderabad, Dr. Vasudeva regularly performs all types of hip replacement surgeries. This is one of the most common orthopedic procedures in the world. Usually, it is performed when other treatments failed to improve the pain caused due to various conditions. Dr. Vasudeva Juvvadi has immense expertise in performing hip arthroplasty successfully.
Hip replacement surgery – which is also called hip arthroplasty is a surgical intervention in which the decayed or diseased tissues of the hip joint are replaced with prosthetic implants made of metal or plastic elements (the hip prosthesis).
Here are some of the common conditions that might lead to hip replacement surgery.
- Arthritis: Arthritis is a condition where the HIP bones are inflamed completely and damage the cartilage. In this condition, the pain increases gradually and causes walking difficulties. Osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis are common arthritis types that affect older adults. However, they also affect younger people.
- Bursitis: It occurs when the bursa (a fluid-filled sac that reduces friction between the bones) gets inflamed. It might happen at any age due to overuse of joints or excess pressure on your hip.
- Tendinitis: It is a condition caused due to inflammation and irritation of the tendons surrounding the bones, and it is quite a common issue.
- Avascular Necrosis: It is a condition caused as a result of restricted blood flow to the bones. The bone tissue will die due to a lack of blood supply. The condition can affect any bone, but the hip joint is most affected and might require a hip replacement.
- Hip Fractures: These are commonly seen in older adults and in people who have chronic osteoporosis. The bones in the hip joint might become fragile and brittle, leading to fractures.
- Strained muscles or tendons: Sometimes, strenuous physical activities build extra pressure on the muscles around the hip. This excess pressure strains your muscles and tendons, leading to pain and obstructing the functioning of your joints.
- Cancers: Tumours or cancers of the hip bones can damage the joints causing joint pain and stiffness and some other problems if not treated in time. In some severe cases, the hip joints need to be replaced.
HIP Replacement Surgery Cost in Hyderabad
There are different types of hip replacement surgeries performed by Dr. Vasudeva. If you have any concerns regarding the hip replacement surgery cost in Hyderabad, he will explain to you when you consult him. The cost of a hip replacement surgery usually depends on the age of the patient, complications that he or she has, the hospital in which treatment is being done, the type of hip replacement suggested, and the expertise of the surgeon. In addition, there are several other factors that determine the cost of the procedure. For instance, the type of procedure varies from person to person based on the severity of the condition. Let us have a look at some of the common hip replacement surgical procedures to get a fair idea about the types.
Total Hip Replacement: It is also called Primary hip replacement and surgery. It involves the replacement of a complete hip joint or even a complete side joint of the hip with an artificial joint or prosthesis. One of the most common reasons for total hip replacement surgery in Hyderabad – according to Dr. Vasudeva, is hip osteoarthritis. Rheumatoid arthritis and traumatic arthritis are the other causes.
Complex Hip Replacement: It is mostly suggested for people who suffer from obesity, muscular diseases, and bone deformities, and other such conditions.
Revision Hip Replacement: A revision hip replacement surgery is a procedure performed to correct previous hip replacement when the prosthesis got worn out or if the previous surgery failed miserably.
Benefits Of Hip Replacement Surgery
There are many advantages of hip replacement surgery including the following:
- It reduces hip pain
- Increases mobility and movement
- Corrects hip damage
- Increases leg strength
- Improves quality of life
- Improves posture
- Helps in resuming normal activities faster
- Enables you to sleep without pain
Hip replacement surgery is the best and most beneficial especially when the other conservative treatments fail. It helps you get relief from pain and to get back the lost range of motions to a normal and active lifestyle. There is no need to worry about the functionality of the artificial joint. Dr. Vasudeva has immense experience and expertise as he has performed hundreds of hip replacement surgeries so far. Meet Dr. Vasudeva to get back to your normal life. He is one of the best Hip Replacement surgeon in Hyderabad.