The best knee replacement surgeon in Hyderabad says, “your knees are the main parts of your body that play a vital role in every movement you make from one place to another. If you have problematic knees, then your movement gets automatically restricted.”
So, what to do when you experience pain in your knee joint?
Painkillers or probably some sort of treatment may help you get relief from pain. If you don’t get any relief, you should consult an orthopaedic expert immediately?
Dr Vasudeva Juvvadi is the best knee replacement surgeon in Hyderabad. He dexterously performs knee replacements for moderate, severe and complex knee problems. His passion for medicine made him one of the best orthopaedic surgeons in Hyderabad. He performs advanced orthopaedic procedures to treat intricate knee problems. Some of the procedures are regarded as the standard treatment for joint issues.
Dr Vasudeva Juvvadi is a senior consultant joint replacement surgeon in the Department of Joint Replacement and Trauma Surgery at Sunshine Hospitals. He possesses more than 11 years of experience in treating severe orthopaedic conditions irrespective of age. He is a well-qualified Orthopaedic Surgeon from JJMMC Davangere RGUHS Bangalore and holds fellowship training in joint replacement.
Knee Replacement Surgery in Hyderabad
There are several factors or reasons behind joint pain. Here are some of the common conditions that many people may have – which can lead to severe complications and eventually leads to a situation wherein a knee replacement surgery becomes necessary.
- Obesity: It is one of the most common causes where your knee joint gets affected to a large extent. In this condition, the entire weight of your body falls on the knees and creates undue pressure on the knee joints leading to problems like stiffness, inflammation, and damage of the knee cartilage. Over a period of time knee replacement surgery becomes indispensable.
- Osteoarthritis: It is an age-related condition in which knee cartilage wears off with increasing age that damages your knee bones over time. Stiffness and intense pain are the two common symptoms seen in this condition. Usually, it occurs in people over 50. Severe osteoarthritis ultimately leads to knee replacement.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: It is an autoimmune disorder wherein the protective cells in your body attack the healthy cells by mistake. This can affect any body part, but bones are the most affected ones. This condition causes pain, stiffness, inflammation, and swelling around the knee joint due to the damage of articular cartilage.
- Trauma: If you’ve had a severe knee injury that affected your knee joint, and caused fractures, your tendons and ligaments get damaged. Over time this may lead to damaged cartilage in your knee, causing a lot of pain and stiffness.
- Post-traumatic arthritis: This is a condition caused by a severe knee injury. Fracture of the bones surrounding your knee joint or tearing of knee ligaments can damage the articular cartilage causing pain and limiting the functions of your knee.
There are several other conditions that can cause damage to your knee. To address those conditions, there are different procedures to treat various knee problems. Below are the popular knee surgeries performed by Dr. Vasudev.
What Is Knee Replacement Surgery?
Knee replacement surgery is a surgical procedure called knee arthroplasty in medical terms. The procedure involves removing the damaged part of the knee joint and replacing it with artificial knee joints. These artificial joints are specially designed with metal and plastic to function as naturally as a natural joint. Knee replacement surgery cost in Hyderabad may vary depending on several factors – such as the type of the procedure, the type, and cost of the implant, the severity of the problem, the health status of the patient, the expertise and experience of the orthopedic surgeon, the hospital in which the procedure is being performed and stay in the hospital. Sunshine Hospitals offers robotic knee replacement in Hyderabad.
Best Knee Replacement Surgeon in Hyderabad
Total knee replacement is a complicated surgical procedure in which the surgeon removes the damaged cartilage and the bone from the knee joint and replaces it with artificial components. These synthetic components stimulate cartilage and promote smooth joint functioning with the other tendons and muscles in the place of the knee joint.
Partial Knee Replacement (PKR)
PKR is also known as unicondylar knee replacement(UKR) or unicompartmental knee replacement. A partial or UKR surgery is the procedure wherein a small part of the cartilage is replaced with an artificial part made of plastic or metal prosthesis. PKR is not as complex as a TKR (total knee replacement). It even preserves the natural bones and is performed by making smaller incisions to minimize blood loss and pain as well. D. Vasudev is the best partial knee replacement surgeon in Hyderabad.
Patella-femoral Arthroplasty or Knee Cap Replacement
It is a procedure in which your surgeon replaces the trochlea and undersurface of the knee cap. This is an ideal procedure for patients who suffer from knee injuries rather than those who suffer from osteoarthritis.
Complex or Revision Knee Replacement
When your arthritis condition becomes severe, then a revision knee replacement procedure can be helpful. The artificial implants consist of an elongated stem to fit into the bone cavity. In such cases, your surgeon may replace the bones using extra pieces of metal that have become brittle due to arthritis, weak ligaments, or a badly damaged or deformed knee.
Commonly Treated Knee Conditions
The following are some of the conditions treated by Dr. Vasudev, and to know more about your condition book an appointment:
- Meniscus Tears
- Patellar tendonitis
- ACL, MCL, PCL or LCL tears
- Knee Instability
- Patellofemoral Syndrome/Chondromalacia
- Baker’s cyst
- Biceps Femoris Insertional Tendinopathy
- Hamstrings Tendinopathy