Arthritis Specialist in Hyderabad | Joint pain Treatment | Dr. Vasudeva
When you notice stiffness in your knees, legs, arms, or back after getting up from bed (after waking up in the morning) or after sitting for a short time – It can be due to arthritis. When you experience stiffness and pain that comes gradually – this may be due to the onset of an arthritic condition – osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, or any other type of arthritis. When you experience pain, which is quick and accompanied by fever (an indication of infectious arthritis). Let us understand the warning signs of arthritis and when you should take it seriously.
Keep an eye on the following warning signs and symptoms of arthritis:
- Joint stiffness, swelling associated with pain in one or more joints.
- Swollen, inflamed joints – when you touch, you feel warmth and redness.
- Difficulty performing daily chores or activities.
- When you feel difficulty moving a joint.
- Symptoms associated with your joints have become a major cause for concern.
When is your pain a cause for concern?
You know your pain better than anyone else. For instance, when you wake up in the morning and feel stiffness in your joints for about 10 to 15 minutes, then that is your baseline. But when you feel sudden pain in your knee joint, wrist, or any other joint – which is not typical for you. In addition, if you see that the affected area is warm to touch, swollen, and red – then, there should be a cause for concern.
The joint pain in this case differs from your regular pains and aches. Swelling, inflammation, and excessive redness in the affected region are the potential warning signs and symptoms of an infection. Individuals who have rheumatoid arthritis or lupus can be at risk of infection especially when they are taking drugs that weaken their immune system. In such cases, the infection has to be addressed promptly. In addition to the above symptoms, if you have a fever, then you must see your doctor – physical examination by an arthritis specialist in Hyderabad is important for diagnosing infection.
Any other potential sign that your pain needs to be addressed
The majority of people take rest when they experience pain – the objective is to get relief from pain. This is one of the most common types of conservative approaches for pain relief. But, when this approach doesn’t work, then you may require more aggressive treatment. Rest pain is another potential sign of arthritis pain. If it is the case with you, then it is better to consult a doctor for medical treatment.
Do home remedies work?
When you feel pain, you will resort to quick home remedies to get relief – use pain relievers, take a break from work for rest; put heat or ice packs; stretch your arms and legs, or else go to a physiotherapist.
Though the above measures taken by you can be helpful, they are not always helpful – sometimes you feel like they are not enough to get rid of your pain.
What if home remedies don’t work?
Home remedies work best when you have a few minor episodes of pain. But if you don’t get any sort of benefit even after a week of home therapy, it is better to consult a joint pain specialist in Hyderabad or a rheumatologist for a thorough examination and diagnosis.
Do over-the-counter medicines work?
Some people take multiple over-the-counter medicines (OTCs) to treat multiple conditions. Those who have stomach issues like ulcers or Gastrointestinal reflux disease (GERD) should become careful especially when they have arthritis as well. Before resorting to self-medication (self-treatment), especially for those who take multiple drugs, it is better to consult a specialist doctor. Without proper medical supervision or prescription, if you add more medicines, they might cause more damage than benefit.
Which patients should consult an orthopedic physician (joint pain specialist) for their joint pain treatment in Hyderabad?
The following patients should consult an orthopedic doctor:
- Patients who suffered an injury – following which they are experiencing musculoskeletal or joint pain.
- Those who are experiencing gradual and progressive knee or hip pain.
- Individuals experiencing knee pain which is becoming worst with weight Bearing.
- People suffering from severe joint pain which is interfering with routine activities.
- Those who have had previous unsuccessful joint pain treatment.
- People suffering from moderate to advanced arthritis of the hip or knee joint.
- Those who need a joint replacement as recommended by their physician or rheumatologist.
Which patients should consult a rheumatologist for their pain?
The following persons should consult a rheumatologist (Arthritis Specialist in Hyderabad):
- Patients who are suffering from pain involving multiple joints.
- Those who are experiencing a new joint pain that is not associated with
- Patients with joint pain and back pain.
- Patients with pain in the joint associated with fatigue, fever, or rash.
- Patients with musculoskeletal pain or joint pain along with fever, morning stiffness, or chest pain.
- Patients with psoriasis and joint pain.
- Individuals who have muscle pain and back pain without any other
- Individuals above age 50 with unexplained body aches, muscle pain, fever, sweats, or weight loss.
Arthritis and the pain associated with it is a serious issue – which, if not addressed promptly, in time, may cause permanent damage to your joint. Therefore, don’t delay treatment. Watch out for the symptoms and take appropriate action as early as possible – no delay in seeking medical help is permissible. Furthermore, if your joint pain has become bothersome and problematic – and debilitating you, then you must see a joint pain specialist in Hyderabad for a better physical examination, evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment.
If you are planning to consult an Arthritis specialist in Hyderabad for your joint pain treatment, meet Dr. Vasudeva Juvvadi for his opinion.
Read More about “All types of Joint Pains and their Causes”